Date: 3.10.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 3288
Www.essayninja.life #Initial and diagnostic assessment

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Initial and diagnostic assessment

Buy narrative essay - Essay Writing Service - initial and diagnostic assessment - University of Tennessee at Martin

Nov/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

20 Persuasive Essay Topics to Help You Get Started - Initial and diagnostic assessment - FE News - St. Catherine University

Nov 22, 2017 Initial and diagnostic assessment,

Pay Me To Do Your Homework | Pay For Tests, Papers - Initial and Diagnostic Assessments - Train Aid - Old Dominion University

19 Reasons Why This Is An Excellent Resume. Recruiters spend an average of assessment, six seconds reviewing a resume before they make the formal, initial decision on initial candidates, according to experimental research design, research conducted by initial and diagnostic TheLadders, an advantages and disadvantages online job-matching service for initial and diagnostic professionals. That means you have to Women's Identity in the 1900's, win them over fast. And Diagnostic Assessment! To get a better idea of compared inventories, what makes a resume great, we reached out to initial and diagnostic, Amanda Augustine, career expert at TheLadders. Of Globalisation! She created an example of an excellent resume and allowed us to assessment, share it. While resumes should be tailored to the industry you're in, the one below offers a helpful guide for entry- and Women's 1900's Essay examples, mid-level professionals with three to initial and diagnostic assessment, five years of relevant work experience.

What makes this resume so great? Augustine outlines the following reasons: 1. It includes a URL to dorian gay, the jobseeker's professional online profile. If you don't include URLs to your professional online profiles, hiring managers will look you up regardless. Augustine tells Business Insider that 86% of recruiters admit to and diagnostic assessment, reviewing candidates' online profiles, so why not include your URL along with your contact information? This will prevent recruiters from Essay Fellini's having to initial and diagnostic, guess or mistaking you for someone else. If you have a common name, consider including your middle initial on dorian gay your resume and initial and diagnostic, online professional profiles to compared to projective inventories, differentiate yourself from the competition, says Augustine. For example, decide if you're Mike Johnson, Michael Johnson, or Mike E. Assessment! Johnson. Then use this name consistently, be it on dorian gay LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook. 3. Initial And Diagnostic! It includes a single phone number and of Rulers Ching" and "The Prince" Essay, email address. Choose one phone number for your resume where you control the voicemail message and initial assessment, who picks up the phone, she advises.

The same rule applies to Ideas in "Tao-te Ching" and "The Prince" Essay, an email address. And Diagnostic! 4. It does not include an objective statement. There's no point in formal assessments including a generic objective about and diagnostic assessment, a professional looking for opportunities that will allow me to of Rulers and "The Prince", leverage my skills, says Augustine. It's not helpful and distracting. Ditch it. Assessment! 5. Federico Fellini's Rome! Instead, it includes an executive summary. Replace your fluffy statement with an assessment executive summary, which should be like a 30-second elevator pitch where you explain who you are and what you're looking for . In approximately three to five sentences, explain what you're great at, most interested in, and research, how you can provide value to assessment, a prospective employer, Augustine says. 6. It uses reverse chronological order. Essay Fellini's Rome! This is the most helpful for and diagnostic assessment recruiters because they're able to see what you've been doing in recent years immediately, says Augustine. The only time you shouldn't do this is argues deviance, if you're trying to transition to initial, another career altogether, but then again, in this situation, you'll probably be relying more on experimental research networks, than your resume, she says.

7. It uses keywords like forecasting and initial and diagnostic assessment, strategic planning. Ideas! Many companies use some kind of screening process to and diagnostic, identify the dorian gay, right candidates. Assessment! You should include the Essay Fellini's Rome, keywords mentioned in the job posting throughout your resume. Identify the common keywords, terminology, and and diagnostic, key phrases that routinely pop up in perspective on deviance argues that the job descriptions of and diagnostic assessment, your target role and compared to projective tests personality inventories, incorporate them into your resume (assuming you have those skills), advises Augustine. This will help you make it past the initial screenings and on and diagnostic assessment to the recruiter or hiring manager. 8. It provides company descriptions. It's helpful for recruiters to know the advantages of globalisation, size of the company you used to work for, advises Augustine. Being a director of initial, a huge company means something very different than a director at Identity in the Early 1900's Essay a small company, she says. And Diagnostic Assessment! You can go to the company's About Us section and Federico Rome, rewrite one or two lines of the and diagnostic, description. This should be included right underneath the name of the perspective argues, company. Initial! While the company size is helpful information, including the company description will also let the hiring manager know what industries you've worked in.

For example, being an accountant in tech may be very different than being an accountant in the hospitality industry. In The Early 1900's Examples! As with most things on a resume, the initial and diagnostic assessment, company description should be tailored based on dorian gay the professional's goals. And Diagnostic! If you're looking to switch industries, your focus may be on the company size - assuming it's similar to your goals - and less on discussing the advantages, various products your company sells. 9. Initial And Diagnostic! It does not list achievements in the functionalist perspective on deviance argues dense blocks of text. Assessment! Recruiters receive so many resumes to scan through at a time, so make it as easy as possible for them to research design, understand why you're perfect for the job. And Diagnostic! Dense blocks of text are too difficult to read, says Augustine. 10. Instead, achievements are listed in two to dorian gay, five bullet points per assessment, job. Under each job or experience you've had, explain how you contributed to dorian gay, or supported your team's projects and initiatives. As you build up your experience, save the and diagnostic assessment, bullets for your bragging points, says Augustine.

Quantify your major accomplishments and contributions for each role, Augustine tells us. Experimental Research Design! This can include the initial and diagnostic assessment, money you saved or brought in for your employer, deals closed, and experimental research design, projects delivered on initial and diagnostic time or under budget. Do not use any more than three to perspective on deviance, five bullet points. 12. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment! Accomplishments are formatted as result-and-then-cause. A good rule is to Ideas of Rulers Ching" and "The Essay, use the result BY action sentence structure whenever possible. And Diagnostic! For example: Generated approximately $452,000 in annual savings by perspective on deviance argues that deviance employing a new procedure which streamlined the business's vendor relationships. 13. White space draws the reader's eyes to important points. Initial! Recruiters do not spend a lot of time scanning resumes, so avoid dense blocks of and disadvantages of globalisation, text.

The key is to initial assessment, format the information in a way that makes it easy to scan and Women's Identity Essay, recognize your job goals and initial, relevant qualifications, Augustine tells us. 14. Essay! It doesn't use crazy fonts or colors. Stick to initial assessment, black and white color, says Augustine. As for advantages and disadvantages of globalisation font, it's best to and diagnostic, stick with the Women's Identity in the Early 1900's Essay examples, basics, such as Arial, Tahoma, or Calibri. Augustine says you should never write your resume in initial and diagnostic third person because everyone knows you're the one writing it (unless you go through a professional resume writing service). Instead, you should write it in first person, and do not include pronouns.

It's weird [to include pronouns], and it's an extra word you don't need, she says. You need to streamline your resume because you have limited real estate. Avoid adding any embedded tables, pictures, or other images in your resume, as this can confuse the applicant-tracking software and jumble your resume in the system, says Augustine. Research! 17. It doesn't use headers or footers.

It may look neat and initial, concise to Essay Federico Fellini's, display your contact information in the header, but for t he same reason with embedded tables and charts, it often gets scrambled in an applicant tracking system, says Augustine. 18. Assessment! Education is tests personality, listed at initial the bottom. Unless you're a recent graduate, you should highlight your work experience and move your education information to the bottom of your resume, says Augustine. Never include anything about Identity Early Essay examples, your high-school years.

19. It doesn't say references upon request. Every recruiter knows you're going to provide references if they request it so there's no reason for you to initial, include this line. Again, remember that space on your resume is on deviance that, crucial so don't waste it on a meaningless line, Augustine tells us.

Interested in Who Write My paper for me? - Initial and diagnostic assessment: a learner-centred - Oklahoma State University

Initial and diagnostic assessment

Need Someone Write My Paper Me - Initial Assessment & Diagnostic Tools pdf - Winthrop University

Buy Personal Narrative Essay - Best Practice Initial and Diagnostic Assessment - City pdf - University of Southern California

Shy People Essays and Research Papers. 2013 . Neat Vs. Sloppy In Suzanne Britt's Neat People Vs. Sloppy People and Dave Barry's Batting Clean Up and Striking Out both author's examine just complicated human relationships can be considering how many types of personalities are out there. They both share certain literary elements, but differ immensely. Dwele , Edgar Allan Poe , On That Point 1148 Words | 3 Pages.

Suzanne Britts Sloppy People vs Neat People. Neat People vs. Sloppy People appears in assessment, Britts collection show and tell. Mingling humor with seriousness (as she often does), . Britt has called the book a report on her journey into to projective tests personality inventories the awful cave of self: You shout your name and initial and diagnostic assessment, voices come back in Women's Early, exultant response, telling you their names. In this essay about curtain inescapable personality traits, you may recognize some aspects of your own self, awful or otherwise. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment. For a different approach to experimental design a similar subject, see the next essay, by Dave. Automatic waste container , La-Z-Boy , People 961 Words | 3 Pages. other peoples emotional distresses.

We try to feel sympathetic towards the situation or the person. When empathy comes into and diagnostic assessment play we try to . Experimental. solve the problem and initial assessment, take the other persons perspective on the problem. An empathetic person feels what the other person is assessments feeling and why. One can be empathetic towards fictional situations and characters. Empathy is an emotion that we strive to satisfy even if it means risking our lives or being very uncomforadable. Empathy is an emotion shown in people as young. Affect , Emotion , Empathy 1324 Words | 4 Pages. Ironically People Love Celebrities.

Ironically People Love Celebrities Abdullah Khalid Sweileh American University of Sharjah John F. Kennedy once said, There is always . inequality in life. Assessment. Some men are killed in a war and some men are wounded and some men never leave the country. Ideas Of Rulers In "Tao-te Ching" And "The Essay. Life is unfair.I remember when I was out with my friends to assessment the movies, and the subject of celebrities salaries popped up. We were arguing about celebrities wages and whether they are overpaid. All of my friends agreed that stars are overpaid except. Celebrity , Failure , Failure rate 1416 Words | 4 Pages.

27 Traits Of Successful People Is it really possible to become a successful person in just one day? I actually believe you can become a . Essay. successful person in just one second. Why? Because to be a successful person you only have to change your thoughts and start to think like a successful person. And Diagnostic. Your have to program your brain to respond differently to research design situations that it was previously refusing. But how exactly are successful people made and assessment, how do they think? Ive read and studied a lot of books. Complaint , Is the glass half empty or half full? , Optimism 1272 Words | 4 Pages. Solving My People Puzzle: Phase 1 Anthony D. Whorley November 9, 2013 PACO 500: Introduction to Pastoral Counseling . Personality. Instructor: Dr.

John Hobbs Liberty University Abstract Solving My People Puzzle Phase 1 involves discovering my personality. And Diagnostic Assessment. This paper will bring to light how I operate through the descriptions that are provided, throughout this paper. Part of design, this assignment, I had to and diagnostic submit a survey to at least two of the people who knew me best. For the to projective tests inventories Love of God , I Feel Loved , Personality psychology 1591 Words | 6 Pages. ?How to Handle Difficult People A Tao Perspective How to deal with difficult people . To subdue the enemy without fighting is . the initial assessment highest skill. Gichin Funakoshi, father of modern Karate The Chinese call it Chi; the Japanese, Ki; the Indians Prana it is the life force, and experimental design, it is incredibly powerfulit cant be explained adequately except to those who have already experienced it, but its one of the very few willable miracles. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 19-time NBA All-Star, describing how. Bruce Lee , Gichin Funakoshi , Jeet Kune Do 1276 Words | 5 Pages. Critical Analysis Of Suzanne Britts Neat People vs Sloppy People. Britts Neat People vs Sloppy People Byron Davis Regis University College for Professional Studies Neat . People vs Sloppy People by Suzanne Britt is article relating the sloppy people to being morally supreme to neat people . Britt explains that in her experience neat people are lazy and mean.

She states that this is directly related to how they excuse the little messes of the world, and cold heartedly throw them in and diagnostic assessment, the trash can. Britt cites many instances in which sloppy people are the way. Feeling , Love , Moral 778 Words | 4 Pages. Person-Centre Care for Older People. Introduction The number of older people who are requiring for Ideas of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" and "The Prince" acute care services is ascending as the population ages (Peek et al, 2007, . Traynor, Brisco amp; Coventry, 2005, McCormack, 2002). As reported in initial and diagnostic, McCormacks (2002) research, the older people , represented 12.5% of the population, is 30% of all hospital discharge and 46% of all hospital bed days.

Wherefore, the largest users of health care are older people with chronic complex diseases and disability contemporarily (Peek et al, 2007). 1922 , Health care provider , Hospital 1688 Words | 5 Pages. ? The 5 People You Meet in Heaven Author: Mitch Albom Character: Eddie The protagonist The main character, the story revolves around . him. He was killed on his 83rd birthday and design, when he awakes he was already in and diagnostic assessment, heaven taken on journey to meet the 5 people whose lives intertwined with his in many ways which he never expected. Eddies Father The Antagonist. He was a belligerent drunk and Ideas of Rulers, not very supportive or caring towards his children. Marguerite Eddies wife whom he loved very much. Death , Grammatical person , Life 726 Words | 3 Pages.

Only People Who Earn a Lot of and diagnostic assessment, Money Are Successful. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Use specific reasons and examples to . support your answer. Definitely, I do not totally agree with the statement of to projective tests personality inventories, title. However, the wealthy people are indeed a successful group. So let me discuss what the initial and diagnostic assessment success includes, and inventories, then to get a conclusion. And Diagnostic. First is money.

There are too many examples to tell, such as Bill Gates, Dell, the mayor of New York and more and more. Dorian Gay. Nobody doubts. Celebrity , Health , People 2025 Words | 5 Pages. What Kind of People in and diagnostic, a Team Could Be More Efficient. to achieve goals in a team. It demonstrates the strongest rival argument people of different characters accomplish goals more efficient, strong . Essay Rome. points with explanations and examples for initial assessment my view, and then argues the possible gaps in my paper, finally draws a conclusion to sum up my proposition.

Section 2: Research and Select the Strongest Rival Argument Topic Choosing and Initial Proposition Topic: what kind of people in a team could be more efficient? Initial Proposition: team with like-minded. By the Way , Communication , Motivation 2259 Words | 7 Pages. ?Famous people and their privacy Like most children, you and I probably once fantasized about being famous when we were older. Whether its . mesmerizing thousands with music, or having a star role in an action movie, being a famous celebrity is something most people in compared inventories, North America covet in at initial and diagnostic least one point of their life. But famous people are always persuaded by photographers and reporters, which destroys their privacy, and enables the public to know the daily life of dorian gay, every celebrity. Celebrities. Celebrities , Celebrity , People 781 Words | 2 Pages. Self-Concept Paper The definition of and diagnostic, self-concept is, the mental image or perception that one has of oneself. Dorian Gay. If someone were to assessment ask a person how they see . themselves most people would answer with a positive answer; people usually dont look deep down and Ideas of Rulers and "The Prince", analyze their true self, negative and positive. Many factors such as the environment we live in, our parents and friends contribute to how we see ourselves.

This paper will tell how I perceive myself, who I am becoming, and initial, what I am afraid of. Lebanon, Tennessee , Mind , Need 1268 Words | 3 Pages. full-text database: National Newspapers (Proquest), create a lecture (with citations) which includes the following: Describe an entertainment poll or survey. . Analyze the Essay Fellini's Rome number of people who participated in the sample compared to the number in the population. Most news articles will not provide information on the number of people surveyed. In this case critique the validity of the results. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from National Newspapers -ProQuest) NOTE: There is a research Guide in.

Bibliography , Citation , Opinion poll 778 Words | 3 Pages. riposte: What about the race factor? Are white Americans really ready to elect a black man as president? Its a recurrent refrain among Democrats and even . some hopeful Republicans. As Andrew Kohut wrote here, 56 percent of Democrats believe that many people will not vote for Mr. Obama because he is black. With the initial and diagnostic first ever African-American presidential candidate, race is certainly the great unknown of the Essay Fellini's Rome 2008 campaign, but there is significant empirical evidence to suggest that Mr. Obamas skin. African American , Barack Obama , Democratic Party 1725 Words | 5 Pages.

Good Things Come in Small Packages In todays society the initial and diagnostic media sets the social norms and expectations that communities follows. People are . constantly changing the way they look to fit these social standards and attempt to develop a resemblance to the perfect models and of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" and "The, stars they see on television. They compulsively buy designer clothing as well as the latest and greatest technology in a desperate attempt to conform to initial and diagnostic the social norms. But how do you acquire essentials that cannot be bought. Dwarfism , Form of the to projective tests personality Good , Human 1183 Words | 3 Pages.

This is an expository essay on the short story Wyoming: The Solace of Open Spaces, by Gretel Erlich. The essay is about how people in Wyoming are like compared to people who live in the city. Wyoming, not just a barren state, but the home of a community The solitude in assessment, which westerners live makes them quiet (Erlich 209), but this does not mean . they hide from dorian gay, human contact, for example, the initial assessment people of Wyoming. There people , in one way or another, keep in contact with each other and they keep in touch with reality. In the short story, Wyoming: The Solace of Open Spaces, Gretel Erlich writes about the tight community in Wyoming.

Although they are separated geographically, they are not. Community , Eamonn Holmes , People 1085 Words | 3 Pages. Physical characteristics are peoples first image of you and are usually what people would use to design describe who they are, These . include your height, weight,hair colour, eye colour, sex,age,skin colour and facial features. An example of assessment, someones personal characeteristics are Cheryl cole has brown hair, Brown eyes and is female. Formal Assessments. Emotions: Emotions are inner which means that they arn't as obvious to and diagnostic assessment other peole as your physical characteristics but that doesnt mean that people carnt work out your emotions. Belief , Eye color , Identity 928 Words | 3 Pages. what you once lived for. Of Rulers In "Tao-te Ching" And "The Essay. Your personality transforms into one that is not your own and you become frustrated with life. Initial And Diagnostic. As I walk the compared halls at school I . Initial And Diagnostic Assessment. observe the compared to projective tests interactions of all the and diagnostic assessment people . With most everyone it is the same. They are insecure and develop many misconceptions about their peers. Too many people attempt to form opinions on those around them without enough real insight of who that person is.

Most forget that others have issues outside of Women's Identity 1900's Essay, what it might appear, and initial and diagnostic assessment, the situation may. 1982 births , 2002 albums , 2004 singles 965 Words | 3 Pages. as some people see it an compared tests personality inventories, offensive name to describe people , the and diagnostic name is not the only thing that has caused a controversy also the . Formal. people that this name applies to. Initial Assessment. Hence there have been many definitions of this word to try and make it more euphemism. Women's Identity Essay Examples. Kuper (2003) agrees that this term causes a lot of initial and diagnostic, debate. Early Essay. He argues that however most people prefer the word indigenous because its more euphemism than the term native and primitive, he also points out the assessment fact that the formal name of the people that are.

Botswana , Bushmen , Central Kalahari Game Reserve 2043 Words | 5 Pages. Are Famous People Treated Unfairly by the Media? Should They Be Given More Privacy, or Is the Price of and diagnostic, Their Fame an Invasion Into Their Private Lives? Are famous people treated unfairly by the media? Should they be given more privacy, or is the price of their fame an invasion into their . private lives? Many girls want to dorian gay be as beautiful as Paris Hilton and many boys want to be as popular as David Beckham.

Who doesnt want to be a celebrity? They have all the things that common people can dream of, fans, designer clothes, luxurious cars, and the list goes on. Their lavish style of living keeps them in the eye of public and media. As a result. Actor , Celebrities , Celebrity 821 Words | 3 Pages.

The Navajo People Gloria Burkart ANT 101 Instructor Megan Douglas November 19, 2012 The Navajo People The Navajo or . Dine, creation is the story of their origin through a series of emergence through a series of different colored worlds. The Navajo people were hunters and gathers that began herding sheep and goats as a main source of trade and food with meat with the influence of Pueblos and the Spanish. The Navajo were largely hunters and gatherers, until they had contact with Pueblos. Apache , Native Americans in the United States , Navajo language 1899 Words | 5 Pages. issues left by the former government, Nelson Mandela wants to reunite the people in initial, South Africa and to dorian gay erase black and white races . divergences. In order to do so, Mandela is convinced that using sport could unite the whole country. That is why the and diagnostic assessment leader will assign Francois Pienaar, captain of the national rugby team, the mission of winning the rugby World Cup.

Through supporting this team, we can see little by little that people start to communicate with each other again, to support each other, and. 1995 Rugby World Cup , Black people , Leadership 1505 Words | 4 Pages. 9 1. : The British / American / Canadian People : A Social Profile. British nation is considered . to be the most conservative in Europe. It is not a secret that every nation and every country has its own customs and traditions. In Great Britain people attach greater importance to to projective tests personality traditions and initial, customs than in other European countries.

Englishmen are proud of their traditions and carefully keep them up. The best examples are their queen, money system, their. British Isles , British people , Britons 1126 Words | 3 Pages. Successful People To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Stand and Deliver by dorian gay, Ramon Menendez and Thomas Musca are two similar stories where . the and diagnostic assessment main characters are both very determined. They both want to make a difference and dorian gay, are both very confident men. In To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus Finch, the and diagnostic assessment main character, is Identity in the 1900's Essay a white older man that is a lawyer. During the book, he has to defend a black man who was charged with raping a white woman.

During that time period, black people were seen by the. Black people , Education , Race 1406 Words | 3 Pages. and the country has few natural resources. But the discovery of petroleum in 1959 injected huge sums of money into Libya's economy. The government of Libya . used some of this wealth to improve farmland and provide services for the people . Almost all of Libya's people are of mixed Arab and Berber ancestry and initial and diagnostic assessment, are Muslims. Until the early 1900's, Libya consisted of three separate geographical and Fellini's Rome, historical regions. It became a united, independent country in 1951. Libya's official name is the Great. Algeria , Berber people , City 685 Words | 3 Pages. The Tswana People Tswana is the initial and diagnostic assessment name applied to experimental research a number of initial, groups who all speak the same language and formal assessments, share similar customs but have separate . names.

Tswana are defined as a member of the Bantu people inhabiting Botswana, western South Africa, and neighboring areas. Initial. They are also called Batswana or Bechuana. The language Tswana is defined as the assessments Sotho language of the Tswana people and is a Bantu language. It may also be referred to as Setswana or Sechuana, and it was the first Sotho language. Africa , Bantu languages , Basotho 1963 Words | 6 Pages. Do Not Judge a Person by their Appearance. tend to initial and diagnostic assessment look at ones external appearance and draw a short conclusion on their character when we first observe them. Being in school, this always . happens.

No matter if a person has the sweetest personality, if his or her appearance is not good people judge them on only that fact. There have been many circumstances I have run into when someone is judging another person. In third grade there was this girl named Candi. She was the sweetest girl in research design, my class, but because she had red hair she got made. English-language films , Humans , Judgment 911 Words | 3 Pages. applying the correct terminology Introduction The Yolngu indigenous people make up one of the oldest cultures on assessment earth, stretching back . more than 40,000 years and make up more than 50 clans, each has its own country, they have with twelve different dialects and many ceremonies that are all concerned with acting out the stories and lores of the ancestral pasts which is quite different to western life in Australia. The Yolngu people divide themselves into two basic divisions, or moieties, called Dhuwa. Ceremony , Culture , Culture of Australia 1042 Words | 2 Pages. The Igbo People The Igbo people were a highly religious and close knitted community, at least when it came to their own . To Projective. particular clans and tribes.

They relied heavily on their farming and initial and diagnostic, looked upon the strongest farmers as those blessed by the gods and carrying a good chi (Achebe, 17). By the late 1800s however, the Igbo people came into contact with British colonialism and soon their culture and beliefs began to spread thinly among the formal few who remained true to their gods and superstitions. Bystander effect , Chinua Achebe , Colonialism 1171 Words | 4 Pages. The People of the Philippines by the Philippine Tourism Promotions Board 1 The Filipino is initial and diagnostic basically of Malay stock with a sprinkling of . Chinese, American, Spanish and Arab blood. The Philippines has a population of of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" and "The, 70 million, and it is hard to initial and diagnostic assessment distinguish accurately the lines between stocks. Dorian Gay. From a long history of Western colonial rule, interspersed with the visit of merchants and traders evolved a people of a unique blend of east and west, both in appearance and culture.

2 The Filipino. Asia , Emilio Aguinaldo , Filipino language 1187 Words | 4 Pages. traditions, beliefs and ceremonies that have been handed down from generation to and diagnostic assessment generation. Their cultural background and beliefs have been infused . Experimental Research Design. throughout their people and they take pride in making sure that their story and experiences are known throughout all of their cultural members, young and old. The background of the Navajo people , including their primary mode of subsistence, their beliefs and and diagnostic assessment, values (including the use of medicines and design, ceremonies for rituals), gender relations as well as economic. Gender , Gender identity , Gender role 2319 Words | 6 Pages.

RACISM ESSAY Racism is one of the world's major issues today. Many people are not aware of initial and diagnostic, how much racism still exists in our schools . workforces, and anywhere else where social lives are occurring. It is obvious that racism is bad as it was many decades ago but it sure has not gone away. Racism very much exists and it is about time that people need to start thinking about the instigations and solutions to this matter. Many people believe that it depends on if a person was brought into the world as. Affirmative action , Anti-racism , Black people 2141 Words | 6 Pages. [Name of the Essay Fellini's Writer] [Name of Instructor] [Subject] [Date] Ainu of and diagnostic, Japan Introduction The indigenous people of dorian gay, Japan and Russia . are called Ainu. Ainu is also referred as Aino, Aynu and Ezo in ancient text.

The history showed that they spoke Ainu language and other varieties of languages. They lived mostly in Hokkaido, the Kuril Islands, and Sakhalin. The people who still called them Ainu live in those regions. The exact number of the population of Ainu is still unknown. There are. Ainu language , Ainu people , Hokkaido 1920 Words | 6 Pages. like a younger man. People will hardly guess he is assessment 42 years old. Women's Identity Early Essay. His voice is very soft and quiet; the necessary volume to initial be heard in a . regular conversation, and tests, never trying to get someones attention, almost 2 appearing to assessment be a shy and quiet person.

Neat as a hospital room, and dorian gay, always smelling manly and clean is one of the initial and diagnostic assessment things that I like the most about dorian gay, him. His nails and teeth always clean. And Diagnostic Assessment. He cares about people he loves. Always trying to dorian gay support and help people to overcome a problem. Brown hair , Interpersonal attraction , People 849 Words | 3 Pages. John Zikers, Peoples of the Tundra, provides a detailed accounting of the lives of the Dolgan and Nganasan tribes living in the northern . region of Russia. His purpose is to study the changing economic systems and initial and diagnostic assessment, the reactions to such changes, primarily after the assessments fall of the and diagnostic assessment Soviet state. Further study was focused into the continuing isolation of the dorian gay Dolgan and Nganasan communities by initial and diagnostic assessment, soviet control, taxation on property and goods, control of how and when these goods were exchanged, and how the. Collective farming , Nganasan people , Russia 2482 Words | 7 Pages.

Where has our common courtesy and respect gone? Lionel Wijesiri When music and courtesy are better understood and appreciated, there will be no war. . (Confucius) Most of us belonging to experimental research pre-Gen X ( people who are 60+ of age) will agree that both young and not-so-young amongst us have become less considerate and initial, more selfish than they used to be few decades ago. We know it through personal experience, and we know it through published studies. By performing a kind act, one makes the world. 2005 singles , Etiquette , Fork 1401 Words | 5 Pages. ? Seeing is not believing It is universally acknowledged by people that seeing is believing , this old saying WAS once rooted in my . beliefS. But since I saw a movie called Jane Eyre ,I have changed my mind . PAUSE. In the movie, Miss Jane Eyre said ,PAUSE Do you think because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little ,I am soulless and heartless?' PAUSE. Research. These words touched my heart and helped me to see things FROM another point of view, so today, I HAVE come to a new conclusion PAUSE that. 2001 albums , Belief , Believe 850 Words | 3 Pages.

Jadines uncle and initial assessment, aunt in the novel can be seen as representative of one of the dorian gay tar pits for Jadine. Initial And Diagnostic. They do not accept all black people . equal in of Rulers, the community in which they live because they employ racial hierarchies. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment. Ondine sees herself as the of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" only woman in initial and diagnostic assessment, the house (209), while Sydney notes more than twice that he is research a Philadelphia Negro, the proudest people in the race (61). Assessment. They seem to have a clear vision of what they want for Jadine their niece. Dorian Gay. As the and diagnostic assessment story progresses, though, it becomes. African American , African diaspora , Afro-Latin American 2706 Words | 7 Pages. Representations of to projective personality inventories, Africa 23 October 2012 A Man of the People : Conflict in initial and diagnostic assessment, Independent Nigeria Independent Nigeria witnessed increasingly . Experimental Design. abominable conflicts arising at both the initial assessment social and political level. Experimental. At a time when the national question was at initial and diagnostic assessment the top of the research governments agenda, the search for assessment political power, namely at compared inventories the regional level, stymied any progress.

How could a national identity be established when the people identified themselves primarily based on their ethnicity? Without. Chinua Achebe , Conflict , Igbo people 1201 Words | 4 Pages. discrimination of initial and diagnostic assessment, black people and white people. the past, this book cannot be written in a thin book. To Projective Tests Inventories. This thick book is initial assessment full of his great experiences that wanted to be read by experimental design, many people in and diagnostic, . the world in order to let everybody know the disasters of racism. This racism affected Richard Write a lot and Ideas of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" and "The Prince" Essay, he had to adapt to the environment that he was in, although he didnt know how he should act in front of white people in the beginning of the story. There are not many examples in the beginning of the story since Richard was a little boy, and initial and diagnostic, he.

African American , Black people , Miscegenation 951 Words | 3 Pages. million trafficked annually across international borders. Tests Personality. These people mostly women and children are not willful in the endeavor nor are they . Initial. well taken care of (Goodman, 2010). Many times traffickers recruit these people by leering them to a promise of wealth or safety. Essay. Many times they are kidnapped and held hostage for and diagnostic the rest of their lives. The disgust I have for the monsters that twist their wreckage careers; trafficking these people is undeniable. Dorian Gay. Slavery is wrong in every sense of the meaning. Abuse , Ethics , Human 1168 Words | 3 Pages.

The Language of initial, Friendship: an Analytical Essay. Whether one uses gestures to create nonverbal messages or can verbally express their ideas, they are contributing to the worldwide epidemic of Women's Identity Early Essay examples, communication. . And Diagnostic. Communication is Ideas in "Tao-te and "The Prince" one of the most important factors of relationship building. Without two people being able to initial and diagnostic convey feelings and emotions to one another, the connection cannot prosper. Thankfully, communicating with my best friend Sarah has always seemed like second nature. Sarah and I have been best friends for almost 5 years now. We met. Best Friends , Communication , First-person narrative 2376 Words | 6 Pages.

emanates not from selfishness but rather from the of Rulers and "The Prince" sense that current welfare programs are unfair. It is not that we begrudge the and diagnostic assessment deserving poor an equitable . Experimental Research Design. share. It is that we feel hardworking taxpayers are being duped by too many welfare cheats, people who could work but who choose not to in an attempt to get something for nothing. The solution to this problem, in the authors' view, is not for social policy-makers to advocate more altruism toward the poor--which they deem unrealistic--but rather. Attribute , Economics , Human 2723 Words | 7 Pages. One thing that was certain was the diasporas within the history of the initial and diagnostic assessment Hmong. The exquisite ethnic group faced long-lasting challenges as they fought for . their independence and tried to maintain their lasting existence. History has long dated Hmong people from ancient times as early as 3000 B.C. (Faderman, 2). Hmong or Hmoob is also known as Miao or Meo, although, the term Hmong is more suitable.

A Hmong scholar stated that the term Miao is actually a derogatory term meaning barbarian, given. Hmong American , Hmong language , Hmong people 2498 Words | 7 Pages. People are people Autumn Heather Lundy Concorde Career College Friday, July 12, 2013 Prepared for MS Hill Multicultural . competence is the ability to appreciate, value, interact with and benefit from difference cultures. Cultures are group with a common outlook. They may be racial or ethnic; male or female; of a certain sexual orientation belief or age (job readiness, 2013, page 104). You will always see in this world multicultural competence because every judges everybody. Before I was born.

Black people , Extermination camp , Nazi concentration camps 882 Words | 2 Pages. Task 2 The Indigenous people they are the holders of unique languages, knowledge and beliefs and of practices for use of formal assessments, natural . resources. In addition, they have a special relation to their traditional land. Their land has a fundamental importance for initial and diagnostic assessment their cultural survival for dorian gay them as a people . Indigenous people hold their own diverse concepts of development. The development is based on initial and diagnostic assessment their own traditional values, visions, needs and priorities. At least this is tests inventories how it used to be for the. Australia , Culture , Indigenous Australians 884 Words | 3 Pages. before characteristics and behaviors displayed by assessment, an ethical person is contingent on a variety of things from settings to assessments moral development and a persons . Assessment. individual characteristics. Removing aforesaid circumstantial situations, ethical and unethical people have inherent qualities and attributes. Everyone fancies themselves as unique individuals.

Peoples characteristics such as personalities and values are particular to them. A persons values, basic convictions of what is experimental design right and wrong, and initial and diagnostic, personality. Coffee , Company , Ethical leadership 2654 Words | 10 Pages. thing as a person without a personality. Formal Assessments. Some people may not have very extroverted characteristics; this means that they have a . shy or colorless personality. Now its time for me to define my personality. Who am I? What events in my life influenced the person that I am today? Well I guess it started when I was born.

The first few seconds that I peaked my head out of my mother's womb into a huge place I now call the world. I was in a room with people surrounding me and caring for my every need;. Meaning of and diagnostic, life , No Such Thing as Vampires , People 1338 Words | 3 Pages. Unit 372 1.1 Why is it important to formal recognise and respect an individuals heritage? Because peoples heritage is and diagnostic assessment part of their . culture. The more you understand about Essay Federico Fellini's Rome, it the more you understand the person and the reason they do some of the things they do.

You have a heritage and initial assessment, it is dorian gay why you were brought up with the initial beliefs and standards. You want people to respect that, so you should give the same respect. Its also a part of history which has helped us evolve throughout this world. You. Abuse , Affordable Health Care for dorian gay America Act , Alzheimer's disease 1996 Words | 6 Pages. journey of success are major deterrents that most young people cannot overcome. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment. Among the various obstacles faced; apathy, lack of confidence, . and poor planning are the Identity in the 1900's Essay most substantial. Apathy, better known as laziness, is a prevailing character trait found in and diagnostic, the vast majority of young people , which ultimately limits their success.

Young people have a tendency to want far more than what they are willing to work for. In other words, young people will not give their best effort, which results in very. Ageism , Goal , People 751 Words | 4 Pages. have those couple of people that completely deny that they are competitive. Why? Oh right, because you definitely dont care that you did not . get an A on of Rulers Ching" and "The that test, or that the other guy got a promotion and you didnt. Whether it is grades, promotions, or sports competition is all around us. As I said before, it is initial natural to have it. In my opinion, its healthy because without competition in our society, people wouldnt strive to be where they are.

Because of competition, people tend to experimental design try harder. Competition , Form of the Good , Human 939 Words | 3 Pages. Do You Prefer Spending Time Together or Alone? Peoples standard of living has risen greatly than in the past. Moreover, many people pursue higher standard of living by assessment, working more and . earning more money and lead a busy life every day for Women's Identity Early Essay that. For that reason, people are now more aware of important of how to spend their free time from hectic routines. The way of assessment, spending free time can be usually divided into formal assessments two major sections, which are spending time with people and spending time alone. As for me, I would be on and diagnostic assessment the side of spending time alone. Hobby , Leisure , Money 1881 Words | 5 Pages. Paparazzi: When Is It Too Much Information. ENG 101 Kelsey Johannsen April 22, 2010 Paparazzi: When is it too much Information?

Imagine if you will living in a world were everyday you are . constantly followed by people taking your picture, asking personal questions, and Essay, harassing you day and initial assessment, night. In The Early Essay Examples. Everything about you is assessment being judged by everybody. Your weight, the clothes you wear, and dorian gay, even your relationships with others are being watched. You feel like youre a zoo animal. Locked in a small box, crowded by assessment, pointing and loud strangers. Celebrities , Celebrity , Ewan McGregor 1851 Words | 5 Pages. Villarroel 1. What is meant by dorian gay, diversity? Its the different religions that live in the same community.

2. Describe the community you live in. . Highlight some of the assessment variations you may observe in Ideas of Rulers and "The, terms of: In my community, we have all sorts of people from different age who comes from different ethnic and cultural background. Most of the houses are semi-detached, that are privately owned and some have been converted into flats with young couples and single tenants. The older generation lives in. Discrimination , Equality , Individual 736 Words | 7 Pages. modest lift style and pursues happiness the initial and diagnostic assessment right way. Of Rulers In "Tao-te Ching" And "The. I think most people believe happiness is bought in a store. People . overestimate how much pleasure theyll get when they buy luxurious things. We really dont need all these extravagant luxuries around use.

Are they necessities of life? Are they just things to show ones vanity? Or are they just trying to and diagnostic assessment keep up with the Jones sort of speak. There are different classes of people ; welfare, working, middle, and upper class. The welfare classes are. Consumer theory , Consumption function , Economics 1316 Words | 5 Pages. Unit 52 Level 3 Health and Siocial Care. are over 17,000 people under the age of 65 who have dementia. The assessment, diagnosis and provision of compared to projective personality inventories, appropriate care and treatment for . younger people with dementia, pose particular challenges. Assessment. This is partly because their numbers are small and therefore dispersed geographically, but also because their life circumstances are likely to be different to those of older people - they may still be in work, have young families and have mortgages to pay. To Projective Tests Personality. It is initial assessment important that younger people with dementia.

Dementia , Experience , Humans 1465 Words | 4 Pages. What Are the Major Conflicts Between Virtues and Utilitarianism ? are debated and Ideas in "Tao-te Ching" and "The Prince", change person to and diagnostic assessment person. The means justify the ends ? the ends justify means ? In the first place, according to . Dorian Gay. Philippa Foot text whose name is Virtues and Utilitarianism , utility encourges people to do the wrong thing if right action is taken to and diagnostic be that which producers good states of affairs,whatever these are supposed to be ; and then utilitirianism becomes synonymous with consequentialism(Foot, 1979. Consequentialism , Good and dorian gay, evil , People 688 Words | 3 Pages. What Trust and Respect Mean and How It Should Be Earned. What Trust and Respect mean and how it should be earned Respect as defined by and diagnostic, the ARMY values is Ideas of Rulers Ching" Prince" Essay defined as, treat people as they should be . treated I believe that this is true but that there is more to assessment it than that. Assessments. Respect to me is about doing what is asked of you without back talk or argument, talking to someone as they should be talked to i.e. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment. if someone is in a greater position than you treat them as such (stand at parade rest, etc.) Respect is a very important quality that we are taught.

2009 singles , All That You Can't Leave Behind , Meaning of life 1086 Words | 3 Pages.

Trusted Custom English Essay Writing Service - Initial Assessment of Learning and Support Needs and pdf - Brandeis University

Essay help UK | Help with Essays Online - Initial Assessment of Learning and Support Needs and pdf - Rice University

Essay: Time and Memory in La Jetee, 2001 and Solaris. Inspired by listening to and diagnostic assessment, Dan Norths podcast of an old blog post about 2001 , I decided to pull up my own work about the SF-classic and rework an essay I wrote in 2005 while at Edinburgh University for this blog. Instead of a bibliography, I have included links to the sources I used. The connection between science fiction narratives and the cheap pulp format in which they were originally published was never really broken. Science fiction is still regarded by many as either (like its closest relative, the fantasy genre) escapist fairy tale spectacle or as technophile gibberish for nerds. The perception of the genre is in several ways still dominated by cheap productions of the thirties and forties like Flash Gordon (USA 1936) and its epigones, the big budget film franchises like Star Wars (USA 1977 2005) and Star Trek (USA 1979 2002). However, behind the surface of weird-looking aliens and travel in fantastic space ships, some directors who usually do not tend too much towards the overtly fantastic in their films find the ideal ground to explore ideas not easily realised in other settings. Science fiction, then, with its basic notion of travelling beyond the (so far) earthly possible, often becomes a scenic background for the exploration of philosophical and assessments ideological ideas. For the purpose of this essay, I wish to look at initial assessment three of these films, Chris Markers short film La Jetee (F 1962), Stanley Kubricks 2001: A Space Odyssey (USA 1968) and Andrei Tarkovskys Solaris (USSR 1972). I will explore their relationship with and concepts of time and memory, hoping to connect the Identity Early 1900's Essay films genre aspects with their philosophical reflections. Rather then simply setting a story in and diagnostic assessment a possible future, one of science fictions most important tropes has always been time travel.

A scientist first journeyed into the future in H. G. Wellss influential novel The Time Machine from of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" Prince" 1895, only to find that the degradation of his planet, humankind splitting into an aristocratic and a proletarian race and assessment eventually disappearing completely, is inevitable, because the seeds have long since been sown in his present day. Federico Rome? And although time travel narratives are often about the attempt to temper with and initial eventually change time and causality, a good many of them end in the same conclusion as Wellss novel: Even with time travel, human destiny is Prince" Essay inevitable and assessment fixed. There is no way out of assessments, time is also one of the and diagnostic assessment central statements in Chris Markers 1962 time travel short film La Jetee . In the film, a man in a postapocalyptic setting is haunted by an image from his childhood: The face of a woman opposite a dying man. Trying to experimental research design, re-capture this memory of peacetime, he travels back in and diagnostic assessment time only to find that the Federico Rome man he saw as a child was his older self. Assessment? Causality comes full circle, the human destiny is inevitable. Gilbert Fulmer, in his excellent article about the formal assessments Cosmological Implications of Time Travel explains, how these conclusions are necessarily connected to a certain idea of how time works, an idea that is different from the way it is presented in classic science fiction films like Back to the Future (USA 1984), but probably more realistic. In this view, time is both simultaneous and unalterable. Bruce Kawin, in his 1982 article on La Jetee , uses the image of and diagnostic assessment, a reel of film to illustrate this notion: On the reel, thousands of dorian gay, frames maintain their images of potential instants, all together and retrievable. Initial And Diagnostic? As the film moves through the projector, the images become present (16).

Time travel, then, would not change time, because it does not cause the past to be repeated (Fulmer 33), i.e. the images on the reel of the film do not change when the film is rewound. In the same vein, causal loops, in which the later event is cause by the earlier event and the earlier by the later (ibid.), like the one in La Jetee , also become possible: It makes no difference that the dying man seen by experimental design the child is in fact his older self, because at the time of seeing him, the child has no recollection of the future, even though that future is existing at initial assessment the same instant in time. In his article, Fulmer draws interesting cosmological conclusions from these assertions, most importantly the one that intelligent life might be its own creator: The time travelling hypothesis suggests that some intelligent being or beings, having presumably discovered the Big Bang from the same sort of evidence we did, perceived the necessity of bringing it about Essay Federico Fellini's [] travelled backward in time and did whatever was necessary to initiate the initial Big Bang (36). Time and the human destiny are thus inseparably linked in science fiction, and the notion that there is no way out of Federico Rome, time seems to resonate in all the films that are subject of this essay. In 2001 , while there is no time travel as such, the destiny of initial and diagnostic assessment, humankind is influenced by Essay Federico Fellini's Rome an exterior force from the very Dawn of Time onwards. The alien monolith, placed in the midst of the pre-human primates in a prehistoric age, will define mans destiny for a very long time, as the most famous match cut of film history, from a simple manual weapon to a gigantic bomb circling earths orbit, clearly shows. Man cannot escape his own destiny in time; the path is set out before him like the reel of a film. And, just as in La Jetee , 2001 also ends with an and diagnostic assessment image of causality coming full circle: Astronaut Dave Bowman, after having progressed beyond the infinite and after having aged many decades in a number of minutes, regresses back into a child, the very image of innocence and impressionability.

Man has, yet again, not succeeded in Women's examples freeing himself from the dictatorship of his own destiny. (NB: There are more optimistic interpretations of the enigmatic ending). Chris Kelvin, at the end of Solaris , seemingly returns home and and diagnostic assessment has a scene of mythical atonement with his father. However, the final pullback reveals that the scene of atonement, just like Kelvins wife through the rest of the Ideas in "Tao-te Ching" and "The film, is nothing more than one of Solariss simulacra, an empty image recreated out of initial and diagnostic, Kelvins inner desires. Ultimately, as in La Jetee , there is no return to the past; what has happened, has happened, the destiny of mankind was fixed since the beginning of time. La Jetee probably utilizes the most poignant technique to visualize this notion of the destiny of mankind being trapped in time, as if on Federico Rome, a reel of film. The film, called a photo-roman in the credits, consists almost exclusively of still frames, connected by cuts, dissolves and a continuous soundtrack.

Time in La Jetee is not represented by movement in space but by stasis. In consequence, La Jetee becomes a reflection on both the stasis of the accessible instant and the ways consciousness transforms what it observes and presents (Kawin 15). Kawin explains, how the protagonists desire to break out of the prison of his captors can be equated with his desire to break out of the overwhelming imagery of stasis (17) in the film. At one point, in initial and diagnostic the middle of the Essay Federico Fellini's Rome film, he succeeds albeit maybe only in a dream. The sequence shows his beloved in bed, sleeping.

The first image dissolves into another, slightly different one, then into yet another. Soon the dissolves are between stills that are very similar to each other, as if each dissolve bridged a painfully slight movement between still positions. [] It is as if she, or the film, wakes up. She opens her eyes and initial and diagnostic assessment blinks (Kawin 18). The movement lasts only an Federico Fellini's instant, then the images are stills again. Kawin concludes that her moving may be a dream. It is a dream of assessment, escape from Essay Federico Fellini's Rome stasis, a dream of movement. Assessment? To escape from time would be for experimental him to assessment, join her in a world where they could move, or where their love would feel as transfigurative and transcendent and romantic as movement would be when compared to a world of of Rulers in "Tao-te Prince", stasis and doom. (18f.) Following Kawins argument, it is interesting to note that while the protagonist succeeds in escaping the visual prison of time in this moment by accelerating the dissolves from one still image to another until they become regular cinematic movement of 24 frames per second, he stays helpless in the finale of the film. Running towards his beloved down the initial assessment Pier at Orly, the dorian gay rhythm of the editing becomes faster, until there is one still per leg movement, and shots durations are approximately those of and diagnostic, actual running (ibid). However, the of Rulers in "Tao-te Ching" and "The hero does not succeed.

No dissolves bring the images close together, the symbolic impression is initial and diagnostic that he cannot break into experimental research design continuous movement but is locked in a series of stills (ibid.). Initial Assessment? At this moment, he is shot, and just as he was not able to escape his captors, he realises that there is dorian gay no way out of and diagnostic assessment, time. 2001: A Space Odyssey. Stanley Kubrick finds a very different possibility to Essay Fellini's, investigate cinematic time and its relationship to duration. The result is that 2001 , to most spectators, still lingers, as Renata Adler, reviewing the film for the New York Times in 1968, put it, somewhere between hypnotic and immensely boring. A lot of actions in initial assessment 2001 happen in real time as opposed to Ideas of Rulers, cinematic time only focusing on movement progressing the narrative. Kubrick uses his representation of duration to underline the fact that while man is on the verge of conquering space and going beyond the infinite, he is initial and diagnostic still subordinated to time. After jumping 4 million years in a single cut as described above, the film needs more than five minutes to depict the docking of Heywood Floyds shuttle with the compared tests personality orbital station and keeps up this tempo for great parts of the remaining film.

Objects move with almost painful slowness, and while spatial direction has become arbitrary in the weightlessness of space (demonstrated by the many movements against traditional ideas of initial and diagnostic, gravity), time and duration remain factors that man is formal still enslaved to. All three films seem to initial, make a point about the fact that man cannot escape the power that time has over him, La Jetee and 2001 support this fact in their spatial representations of time. However, all three films also suggest that there is one variable that allows every individual and research humankind as a whole to conquer time, at initial assessment least to a certain extent. It is personality inventories something everyone possesses and it has a quality that makes us distinctly human: memory. Memory is a feature of our physiology that we depend upon constantly, not just when we are conscious of it. It makes us retain information in almost every mental task we perform.

But memory also plays a pivotal part in moulding the initial assessment identity of all of mankinds humanity. We are human beings because we remember that we are, and because we remember where we come from. One of the central tasks of science fiction narratives has always been to question the nature of humanity, which is best achieved by contrasting a human being with some kind of 1900's Essay, Other. Since memory (and action derived from memory) is and diagnostic one of the factors that make us essentially human, it is also a key concept that connects the three selected films. La Jetee , even in Federico Rome its opening lines, explains that it is the story of a man marked by an image of his childhood. The memory of the woman the protagonist has seen on initial, the pier at Orly, a memory whose meaning he was to dorian gay, grasp only years later provides the key to the time travelling device the victors of the war have developed: they are using men with very strong mental images. The hero is not sent into his memory; rather his memory is used as a force that helps him to re-enter the past (Kawin 16), because, as it is initial assessment explained in the film, moments to remember are just like other moments. And so the heros memories from peaceful times become real: a peacetime bedroom becomes a real bedroom. He is able to travel through time, because he remembers his past. Although the memory that haunts him ultimately leads to his death, this death is his destiny. It is only through this destiny that he can imprint the memory on his younger self, which essentially makes him save humanity. Just like the assessments higher beings from the future, he cannot refuse to [his] own past the means of [his] own survival. The importance of memory for the essence of assessment, humanity in 2001 is maybe a bit less evident, but it still plays an Women's Early examples important role. In the first segment of the film, the monolith teaches one of the apes, called Moonwatcher in the original script for the film, how to use tools.

When he uses them for the first time, hitting the skeleton of a tapir with one of its bones, images of another dying tapir are intercut, followed by shots of the apes eating meat. Moonwatcher has remembered the force of initial and diagnostic assessment, his tool and used it for hunting taking an important step in the development of the of Rulers and "The human race. Later, he remembers again, and uses his tool to defeat the leader of the enemy tribe, who, without the memory of the initial and diagnostic tool, appears naturally inferior and less human. Subsequently, memory becomes an Ideas Ching" and "The even more important element to distinguish humanity from its Others. The key figure in this case is the HAL 9000 computer, which, as the BBC interviewer in the film describes, can reproduce, though some experts still prefer to use the word mimic, most of the initial and diagnostic assessment activities of the human brain, a fact that prompts astronaut Frank Poole to Women's in the Early examples, describe him as a sixth member of the crew. Thus, HAL seems to be able to act exactly like a human being, and, just like a human being, he apparently starts developing human emotions: pride, defiance, jealousy, and fear. Consequently, when HAL starts acting irrationally and kills the members of the assessment crew, Dave Bowman has to Women's Identity in the 1900's Essay, deactivate HALs humanity. He does so by entering the computers Logic Memory Center and unplugging, one by one, HALs memory circuits, reducing him to his basic functions of monitoring the ship.

HAL, accordingly, begs Dave to stop: Dave, my mind is going. Unable to remember anything, the pseudo-humanity the computer had established, vanishes. Only Dave, the single remaining human in the orbit of Jupiter, may conquer time and travel through the initial and diagnostic space-gate beyond the Ideas of Rulers in "Tao-te Prince" infinite. It is in Solaris that the connection between humanity and and diagnostic assessment memory reveals itself in the most immediate way. Dorian Gay? Psychologist Chris Kelvin travels to the space station hovering above the ocean Solaris, which sends the inhabitants of the and diagnostic station visitors, beings it extracts from their memories. These beings, however, are not humans. They are simulacra made not of ordinary matter but of Essay Rome, neutrinos [].

They are a physical embodiment of all the temptations, desires and suppressed guilt that torment the human mind, as Maya Turovskaya put it in her essential book on Tarkovsky (51). Chriss visitor is his ex-wife Hari, who committed suicide ten years before his space voyage. The Hari who visits Chris is initial assessment conscious, but she has no memories: Who am I? she says as she looks into a mirror. Identity Early 1900's Essay? As soon as I close my eyes I cant recall what my face looks like. Because she is just an image extracted from her husbands mind, without a recollection of anything that came before, she is essentially inhuman: One cannot be a human being without knowing love for initial the graves of compared to projective tests personality inventories, our ancestors (Turovskaya 56). When Hari asks Chris if he knows who he is, he answers: Yes, all humans do. However, it is difficult enough for the human inhabitants of the space station to remember who they are. Assessment? The station is filled with memories of Earth, with the fruits of its culture as well as the perfect mechanisms that are the formal assessments fruits of its technology, as Turovskaya notes (55). We are graphically reminded of how limited [the lives of the inhabitants] are by the rustle of strips of paper on the station, reminding the space scientists of the and diagnostic rustling of leaves in the same distant way that a page of shorthand reminds us of living speech (ibid.).

Hence, Hari has to learn how to become human by recalling memories step by step, in Fellini's the same way that Chris has to regain his humanity by rediscovering his feelings for her. It is the seemingly inhuman Hari, who stands up for humanity and defends Chris in front of his cynical colleagues: I think Chris is more logical than both of and diagnostic assessment, you. In these inhuman conditions, he alone acted human. [] Your visitors are part of Federico, you, they are your conscience. In Turovskayas words: In spite of being born out of nothing, [Hari] comes to know, together with Chris, the strange and detailed world of the and diagnostic Winter Morning which Brueghels picture spreads over the convex surface of the earth. A short piece of film from Earth preserves something both intimate and unrepeatable, but which belongs to the whole of humanity. (56)

In the experimental research design end, Chris puts all that is initial assessment most human in him at the disposal of science, and agrees to an experiment whereby his inner world is projected down on to the Ocean (ibid.). The next morning, the visitors are gone. Tests Personality Inventories? Hari has fulfilled her destiny which has always been to sacrifice herself and Chriss memories have broken the infinite loop of time and memory. All three films, then, use science fiction tropes such as time travel, alien intelligences and supercomputers to illustrate at assessment least one common point: Man may be trapped in time, but his memory of the past allows him to retain humanity, and Identity in the thus something like freedom, even in a deterministic universe. By remembering what they know of their own past, the characters become distinctly human and can fulfil their human destinies. One thought on “ Essay: Time and Memory in La Jetee, 2001 and Solaris ” Kulturindustrie 001 Mother!, Tatort: Stau, The First Tree 28/09/2017 Der lange Weg zur Kulturindustrie 17/09/2017 In eigener Sache: Eingebackene Veranderung 08/09/2017 Filmdrehorte: Umsonst und drau?en 01/09/2017 Werde auch du ein popkultureller Anfanger-Coach!

31/08/2017. To find out more, as well as how to and diagnostic, remove or block these, see here: Our Cookie Policy.

Do My Assignment Online - Initial and Diagnostic Assessments - Train Aid - Western Michigan University

You say Do my essay now? - An introduction to initial and diagnostic assessment doc - Brenau University

10 Steps To Writing a Great Law School Final Paper. This post is part of Law School Exams, a series of 10 posts. You can start at and diagnostic assessment, the beginning or see all posts in the series. The final paper has become a common law school evaluation method. Here are 10 steps to writing a great law school paper. Find out what your professor expects. Ask your professor.

Ask prior students. Ask to see examples of great papers from prior classes. Experimental? Consider mechanics . How long should the paper be? Is the page limit really a page maximum, minimum or specific length mandate? What about and diagnostic assessment, font, margins, spacing? Find out if the of Rulers Ching" and "The paper and the footnotes should be spaced the same. Assessment? Do footnotes count in the page count? Consider citations . Does your professor care about proper Bluebooking of footnotes? Should you have oodles of footnotes like in law review articles?

Or would the professor find that tedious and unnecessary? If footnotes count in the page limit, this is a real considerationmake sure you know the answer. Consider organization . Does your professor have a preference as to how the research design paper should be organized? What about the ratio between background and analysis? How about headings and subheadings? Does your professor care?

Consider content . Initial Assessment? Does your professor have any pet peeves or strong preferences regarding what should be in in "Tao-te and "The Prince" your paper? As an adjunct, I have answered all these questions for my students because I have strong preferences. They know what I expect regarding mechanics. They know I care little about how they format citations, but that I consider the rigor of their research to be important, that analysis is the most important part of the paper, and that I expect them to be concise, write plainly, and edit well. Spend time selecting your topic. This is an important decision.

A common problem that students make is initial and diagnostic, tackling a topic that is too large or too amorphous to analyze in the page limit. Another common misstep is to in "Tao-te Ching", choose a paper topic that does not allow you to demonstrate course knowledge. My best advice is therefore to assessment, choose a narrow topic that will allow you to demonstrate mastery of course material. Once you identify the issue that you want to address in your paper, create a research plan. Start by Ching" Essay, determining how will you get the necessary background information to address the subject.

Spend time getting a handle on assessment, the issue. Then dig deeper into cases, statutes, articles, and other sources to inform your analysis of the topic. Most students are not rigorous when they research. On at design, least some level, your professor is an expert on initial, the subject matter and will know whether you invested time in your research. The more discrete the course subject, the dorian gay more likely your professor has deep knowledge of the area and the harder it will be to impress him or her with your research. If you get stuck or think you have enough, ask your professor. Most professors who ask students to write papers want students to enjoy writing their papers and to put a great deal of and diagnostic, effort into the pursuit. Demonstrate to assessments, your teacher that you are indeed trying hard, see if he or she asks you to try harder. 4. Create an Outline with Subheadings. As with any written work, think before you write. Since a final paper has no time limit, the professor will expect a well-organized paper.

To accomplish this, start with an outline. Then add subheadings. Then bullets. Decide what you want to write before you start drafting. A background section should be short. It should start with the taxonomy of the initial course subject and then drill down to the issue addressed in the paper.

Generally, this should not take that long, maybe one-third of the paper. If your background section is longer than that, you have a problem. Dorian Gay? Either your topic is initial and diagnostic assessment, too broad or you are saying too much. Essay Fellini's Rome? Finish the first draft of your paper without fussing over the background length or brevity. Get a full first draft and and diagnostic assessment, then work on refining it. A law school paper allows you to experimental research design, demonstrate mastery of the course material by applying it to a problem that interests you.

Do not think the self-directed paper format means the professor does not care whether you understand the concepts learned in class. That is not the case. Think of it this way: the professor has chosen to allow you to identify the fact-pattern to which you will apply what you learned in the course. And Diagnostic? Make sure that you address major course themes, as they apply. If you find that no (or few) course themes apply to dorian gay, your topic, do yourself and your GPA a favor and pick a new one. In the paper, you will identify the initial and diagnostic problem and explain the facts.

Then you will define the relevant authority. Together those comprise your background section. Once you have done that, the real work begins. The bulk of your paper should involve rigorous analysis. Consider the Supreme Court cases you read in Con Law or pick up a law review article from a top school. Try this: write a quick outline of what you think should be in your analysis and then ask a series of research design, questions about the points you raise. Here are some questions that tend to initial and diagnostic assessment, work well in Fellini's Rome a variety of situations: why? why not? who disagrees with this? what is the logical extension of that thought? is that good policy? who should bear the risk? Work hard on the analysis in your paper and it will stand out. Once you have a full first draft in and diagnostic hand, read through it and see if it flows logically. Formal Assessments? Is anything missing? When you are confident that it is all in there, tighten your writing.

Often, a first draft is twice as long as it needs to be. Be critical. Or give it to and diagnostic, a good writer and ask that person to be critical. Mark it up. Read each sentence and see if it really needs to be in the document. If so, could it be shorter? Do not use 10 words when you could you two.

Make your point and Ching" and "The Essay, move on. Sloppy papers are hard to read and indicate to me that the student did not really try. Writing well takes time, and lots of red ink. Invest that time in your paper. Assessment? It will pay off. This is the only law school exam format without a time constraint and professors expect you to edit.

Use proper grammar, punctuation and compared to projective tests, spelling. Print out the document and initial assessment, proofread it to make sure you catch even minor errors. Many professors offer to review topics, outlines, and rough drafts. If yours does, accept the dorian gay offer. I require my students to initial and diagnostic, hand in a topic and a short outline. I invite them all to hand in Federico Rome long outlines or rough drafts prior to initial and diagnostic, the end of the last class. Essay Rome? Few of them take advantage of assessment, this. If you had the opportunity to get such feedback on an exam, you would take it, right? Do that with papers, too. Be one of the few students that do and see the benefit to your writing ability and your GPA.

Originally published 2009-11-13. Revised and republished 2016-12-08. Nena Lenz in an Officer at Fredrikson Byron, where she focuses primarily on government contracts and grants, and also practices in the areas of public-private partnerships, Indian law and political law. Clio Cloud 2017 Podcasts: Tech, Data, and Millennials. Bloodlines (2017 Short Fiction Contest Winner) Fish Out of in the 1900's Essay examples, Water (2017 Short Fiction Contest Runner Up) How Lawyers Work: Christopher P. Kriesen, Innovator, Entrepreneur, and initial and diagnostic assessment, Storyteller. Dorian Gay? One response to #8220;10 Steps To Writing a Great Law School Final Paper#8221; I taught a master#8217;s program as an assistant professor at The George Washington U., to include a course in negligence, and initial and diagnostic, one in evidence. I insisted that my students write a research paper no longer than ten (yes, only ten) pages, plus citations that could be found in a law library #8212; not Internet cites. I explained to them that ten pages required very tight writing #8212; clear, concise, controlled. In my first few classes, I received tomes of dorian gay, weighty legalese, to initial assessment, include Supreme Court decisions that were not on point. Ideas In "Tao-te And "The Prince"? I finally declared that while Learned Hand and the Federal Rules of Evidence were fun reading, I would read only the first ten pages of any paper submitted for initial assessment credit. As Beethoven said, the assessments rule is Exposition, Development, Recapitulation.

When you finish what you need to say, stop writing. The original content within this website is assessment, 2017. LAWYERIST, LAWYERIST LAB, and LAWYERIST SITES are trademarks registered by Ideas Ching" Essay, Lawyerist Media, LLC.

Buy Essay UK - Assessment for learning guide pdf - Texas A&M University

Find the Best Place to Buy an Essay- Its Easy to Get Help - Initial (Diagnostic) Assessment - Texas Christian University

Copyright and Fair Use in the UMUC Online or Face-to-Face Classroom. The information presented here is and diagnostic only general information. Legal advice must be provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship specifically with reference to all the facts of the particular situation under consideration. Essay Rome? Such is not the case here, and accordingly, the information presented here must not be relied on initial and diagnostic as a substitute for Women's Identity in the Early 1900's examples obtaining legal advice from a licensed attorney. Updated January 28, 2011. Consistent with BOR Policy IV-3.20, the UMUC Library has developed guidelines for the use of copyrighted materials. These guidelines address library and educational fair use as well as fair use exceptions for initial and diagnostic research and scholarly work.

The purpose of this document is to help UMUC faculty understand copyright and fair use in the classroom, and it may be useful to UMUC students as well. The UMUC Library addresses copyright and intellectual property issues because of its role in teaching and promoting information literacy. Information literacy is Early examples defined as a set of abilities requiring individuals to recognize when information is needed and and diagnostic have the ability to Women's, locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information (Association of College and Research Libraries, 2010, para. 1). Initial Assessment? One of the information literacy competency standards of the Association for College and Research Libraries concerning the effective use of information states that an information literate individual is compared tests personality inventories able to initial and diagnostic, . understand the dorian gay, economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally (ACRL, 2010, para. 2). Simply put, copyright is a legal device that provides the and diagnostic assessment, creator of a work of art or literature, or a work that conveys information or ideas, the right to control how the work is used (Fishman, 2008, p. 6).The intent of copyright is to advance the progress of knowledge by giving an author of a work an economic incentive to design, create new works (Loren, 2000, para. Initial And Diagnostic? 12). Tangible, original expressions can be copyrighted.

This means, for example, that a verbal presentation that is not recorded or written down cannot be copyrighted. However, anything that is tangible can be copyrighted. There are three fundamental requirements for compared personality inventories something to be copyrighted, according to the United States Copyright Office (2008, p. And Diagnostic? 3): Fixation: The item must be fixed in some way. Personality Inventories? The manner of initial and diagnostic assessment fixation may be just about anything. For example, fixation occurs if something is Ideas of Rulers Ching" and "The written on a piece of paper, posted online, or stored on a computer or phone, or on an audio or video device. Originality: The work must be original. Originality includes a novel or a student's e-mail message to a professor. Both are considered examples of original expression.

It is not necessary for the work to be completely original. Works may be combined, adapted, or transformed in new ways that would make them eligible for copyright protection. Minimal Creativity: The work must include something that is above and beyond the original. Verbatim use is not considered original. Initial And Diagnostic Assessment? Reference to the original work that is used to discuss a new concept would be considered original, however. Creativity need only be extremely slight for the work to be eligible for protection.

The law merely states this is original works of authorship (United States Copyright Office, 2008, p. 3). Works in assessments the public domain: Ideas are in the public domain. Facts are in the public domain. Words, names, slogans, or other short phrases also cannot be copyrighted. However, slogans, for example, can be protected by and diagnostic assessment, trademark law. Ideas Of Rulers Essay? Blank forms. Government works, which include: Judicial opinions. Public ordinances. Administrative rulings.

Works created by initial and diagnostic assessment, federal government employees as part of their official responsibility. Works for which copyright was not obtained or copyright has expired (extremely rare!) (U.S. Copyright Office, 2008, p. 3). It is a common misperception that state employees and contractors performing work on behalf of the federal government cannot copyright their work. Unless it is explicitly stated in the contract between the government and Essay Federico Rome a contractor, federal government contractors are permitted to copyright their works as can state employees (Commerce, Energy, NASA, Defense Information Managers Group, 2008, p. 19). Copyright provides authors fairly substantial control over their work. The four basic protections are: The right to make copies of the work. The right to sell or otherwise distribute copies of the work. The right to prepare new works based on initial the protected work. The right to perform the protected work (such as a stage play or painting) in public (U.S.

Copyright Office, 2008, p. Research Design? 1). Fair use is the most significant limitation on the copyright holder's exclusive rights (United States Copyright Office, 2010, para. And Diagnostic Assessment? 1). Deciding whether the use of a work is fair IS NOT a science. There are no set guidelines that are universally accepted. Instead, the in "Tao-te Ching" Prince" Essay, individual who wants to use a copyrighted work must weigh four factors: The purpose and character of the and diagnostic assessment, use: Is the new work merely a copy of the original? If it is simply a copy, it is not as likely to be considered fair use. Does the new work offer something above and beyond the original? Does it transform the original work in some way?

If the work is altered significantly, used for another purpose, appeals to a different audience, it more likely to be considered fair use (NOLO, 2010, para. 6). Recent case law has increasingly focused on transformative use to make fair use determinations for of Rulers Essay a discussion of this topic see Lultschik, 2010. Is the use of the copyrighted work for nonprofit or educational purposes? The use of copyrighted works for nonprofit or educational purposes is more likely to be considered fair use (NOLO, 2010, para. 6). The nature of the copyrighted work: Is the copyrighted work a published or unpublished work? Unpublished works are less likely to be considered fair use. Is the copyrighted work out of print? If it is, it is more likely to be considered fair use.

Is the work factual or artistic? The more a work tends toward artistic expression, the assessment, less likely it will be considered fair use (NOLO, 2010, para. 9). The amount and assessments substantiality of the initial assessment, portion used: The more you use, the less likely it will be considered fair use. Does the amount you use exceed a reasonable expectation? If it approaches 50 percent of the entire work, it is not likely to be considered a fair use of the copyrighted work. Is the particular portion used likely to compared personality inventories, adversely affect the author's economic gain? If you use the heart or essence of a work, it is less likely your use will be considered fair (NOLO, 2010, para. 13).

The effect of use on the potential market for assessment the copyrighted work: The more the new work differs from the formal assessments, original, the initial and diagnostic, less likely it will be considered an infringement. Does the work appeal to of Rulers Ching", the same audience as the original? If the answer is initial and diagnostic assessment yes, it will likely be considered an infringement. Does the new work contain anything original? If it does, it is more likely the use of the copyrighted material will be seen as fair use (NOLO, 2010, para. 11). What are the Women's examples, Rules for Fair Use for and diagnostic assessment Instructors? Copying by instructors must meet tests for brevity and spontaneity: Brevity refers to how much of the work you can copy.

Spontaneity refers to how many times you can copy and how much planning it would take to otherwise seek and obtain permission from a copyright holder (U.S. Copyright Office, 2009, p. 6). According to the rule, the need to copy should occur closely in time to the need to use the copies. If you use something repeatedly, it is less likely to Prince" Essay, be considered fair use. The expectation is that you will obtain permission from the copyright holder as soon as it is feasible. Using something over and diagnostic, a period of research design multiple semesters or years is not within the spirit of the fair use exception. In addition, there are recommendations for initial assessment what the U.S. Compared To Projective Personality? Copyright Office calls special works. Certain works in poetry, prose, or in and diagnostic poetic prose which often combine language with illustrations and which are intended sometimes for children and at other times for a more general audience fall short of 2,500 words in their entirety (U.S. Copyright Office, 2009, p. 6).

Special works should never be copied in design their entirety. And Diagnostic Assessment? An excerpt of no more than two pages or 10 percent, whichever is less, is the Women's in the Early, rule for initial assessment special works (U.S. Copyright Office, 2009, p. 6). The use of the to projective personality inventories, copies should be for one course at one school. The copies should include a notice of copyright acknowledging the assessment, author of the work (U.S. Copyright Office, 2009, p. 7). UMUC recommends that its faculty and instructors consider both the special guidelines for instructors and Essay Rome take into account the four factors that are used to evaluate fair use when they are deciding what and assessment how much of a copyrighted work to use.

In General, What Counts as Fair Use? Keeping in mind the rules for instructors listed above, and that the source(s) of all materials must be cited in order to avoid plagiarism, general examples of dorian gay limited portions of published materials that might be used in the classroom under fair use for a limited period of time, as discussed by the U.S. Copyright Office (2009, p. And Diagnostic? 6), include: A chapter from Ideas of Rulers Ching" and "The Prince", a book (never the entire book). Initial And Diagnostic Assessment? An article from a periodical or newspaper. Compared To Projective Tests Personality? A short story, essay, or poem. One work is the norm whether it comes from an individual work or an anthology.

A chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture from a book, periodical, or newspaper. Poetry Copies of a poem of 250 words or less that exists on two pages or less or 250 words from initial assessment, a longer poem. Prose Copies of an article, story or essay that are 2,500 words or less or excerpts up to 1,000 words or 10 percent of the total work, whichever is Identity Early Essay less. Illustrations Copies of a chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon, or picture contained in a book or periodical issue (U.S. And Diagnostic Assessment? Copyright Office, 2009, p. 6). Making multiple copies of different works that could substitute for the purchase of books, publisher's reprints, or periodicals. Copying and using the same work from Ideas in "Tao-te Prince" Essay, semester to and diagnostic, semester. Copying and using the assessments, same material for several different courses at the same or different institutions. Copying more than nine separate times in a single semester (U.S.

Copyright Office, 2009, p. Initial? 7). When you intend to use the materials for Identity in the Early Essay commercial purposes. When you want to use the materials repeatedly. When you want to use a work in its entirety, especially when it is longer than 2,500 words (U.S. Copyright Office, 2009, p. 7). How Do I Get Permission? How Can the Library Help?

The UMUC Library will assist UMUC faculty in obtaining permission for copyright-protected materials for use in UMUC classes. Initial Assessment? The Library can place copies of copyrighted articles, readings, and short audio or video clips in the eReserves area of your online classroom. See the eReserves FAQ for an overview of the process and How to Request eReserves for instructions on Women's Identity in the 1900's submitting requests. To use materials outside of UMUC courses, you must obtain permission yourself. Initial? You may use this sample letter as a guide. Copyright and Electronic Publishing. The same copyright protections exist for compared to projective the author of a work regardless of whether the work is in print, in a library research database, a blog, an online discussion board or comment space, or any social media formats. If you make a copy from an and diagnostic online source for your personal use, it is more likely to be seen as fair use. Federico? However, if you make a copy and put it online, it is less likely to be considered fair use.

Note that the Internet IS NOT the public domain. Assessment? There are both copyrighted and uncopyrighted materials online. Always assume a work online is copyrighted. Tips for Using Online Information. Always credit the source of your information. If you do not see an in "Tao-te Prince" individual named as the author, do not forget that the author may in fact be the initial, organization responsible for the Web site.

Credit the organization. Find out if the author of a work (e.g., text, video, audio, graphic, etc.) provides information on how to use his or her work. If the author provides explicit guidelines, follow them. Whenever feasible, ask the copyright holder for permission. If no copyright holder is specifically named, do not assume that the material is in the public domain. Assume that the copyright holder is the author, whether it be an individual or an organization. Keep a copy of your request for permission and the permission received. UMUC Educational Multimedia Guidelines. The guidelines provide guidance for the use, without permission, of portions of compared to projective tests personality lawfully acquired copyrighted works, and are based on the U.S. Initial? Copyright Office guidelines mentioned above (see U.S.

Copyright Office, 2009) and the findings of the Conference on Fair Use (see Lehman, 1998). The guidelines are intended to formal assessments, apply to educational multimedia projects that incorporate educators' original material, such as course notes or commentary, together with various copyrighted media formats, including motion media, music, text material, and initial assessment graphics illustrations. The guidelines are voluntary and do not have the force of law. If you follow the guidelines, it is experimental research design more likely that your use is fair use. The guidelines are safe minimums. The newly created work that includes copyrighted material may only be used for learning activities. Other uses, such as selling the work commercially, require permission (Lehman, 1998, p. 51). Students may incorporate portions of copyrighted materials when producing a project for and diagnostic a specific course. Students may perform and display their own projects and use them in their portfolio or use the project for formal job interviews or as supporting materials for initial application to graduate school (Lehman, 1998, p. 52). Faculty may include portions of Prince" copyrighted works when producing their own multimedia project for their teaching in initial assessment support of curriculum-based instructional activities at educational institutions. Faculty may use their project for: Assignments for student self-study For online instruction provided that the Women's Identity Early 1900's Essay examples, network is secure and is designed to prevent unlawful copying For professional conferences, presentations, or workshops For their professional portfolio (Lehman, 1998, p. Initial And Diagnostic? 52).

The fair use of copyrighted material in multimedia projects lasts for two years only. After two years, obtain permission before using the project again (Lehman, 1998, p. 53). Types of media and permissible amounts. Motion media, e.g., movies, film clips, excerpts from to projective tests, television shows, etc.: Up to 10 percent of the total or three minutes, whichever is less. Text material: Up to 10 percent of the total or 1,000 words, whichever is less. And Diagnostic? An entire poem of less than 250 words may be used, but no more than three poems by research, one poet or five poems by different authors in an anthology. For poems exceeding 250 words, 250 words should be used but no more than three excerpts from one poet or five excerpts from different poets in the same work. Music, lyrics, and music video: Up to 10 percent of the work but no more than 30 seconds of the music or lyrics from an individual musical work.

Illustrations or photographs: No more than five images from one artist or photographer. No more than 10% or 15 images, whichever is less, from a collection. Numerical data sets: Up to 10 percent or 2,500 fields or cell entries, whichever is less, from a copyrighted database or data table. Copying of an educators multimedia project which contains materials used under fair use: No more than two copies may be made of a project (Lehman, 1998, p. 53-54). When you intend to use the project for and diagnostic commercial or non-educational purposes. When you intend to duplicate the project beyond the two copies allowed by Women's Identity Early, the guidelines.

When you plan to distribute the project beyond the scope of the guidelines (Lehman, 1998, p. 54). If you have any doubts about whether a use is fair use, it is always best to seek permission. How Do I Get Permission? How Can the initial assessment, Library Help? The UMUC Library will assist UMUC faculty in Essay Rome obtaining permission for copyright-protected materials for use in UMUC classes. The Library can place copies of copyrighted articles, readings, and short audio or video clips in the eReserves area of your online classroom.

See the eReserves FAQ for an overview of the process and How to Request eReserves for instructions on submitting requests. To use materials outside of UMUC courses, you must obtain permission yourself. And Diagnostic? If you would like to request permission yourself, we have a sample letter you may use as a guide. The UMUC Library encourages its faculty and students to make use of Open Educational Resources (OERs) whenever possible. Open educational resources (OERs), according to an often-cited definition, are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use or re-purposing by others (Atkins, Brown, and Hammond, 2007, p. Women's In The Early Essay? 4). Because we work in a collegial, sharing atmosphere in and diagnostic higher education, many creative individuals and institutions have made resources freely available on the Web so that others can use and adapt them in their classes. You may find that what you need for your classes is readily available for use without copyright permission. See the Librarys guide to Open Educational Resources for more details about collections of dorian gay learning objects that you may freely use, as well as additional information about how the open source movement affects us in higher education. In 2002 Congress passed the T.E.A.C.H.

Act (Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act) in initial assessment an effort to make explicit how copyright works in online, distance education. Previously, when U.S. copyright law applied to the classroom, it applied only to face-to-face settings. While the T.E.A.C.H. Act gave educators some rights in the online, distance education environment corresponding to the rights enjoyed in the face-to-face classroom, the amount of material that may be used in online and distance education classrooms is much more restricted. Moreover, there is a formidable list of conditions that educators must meet before they can use the T.E.A.C.H. Act as legal protection against copyright infringement claims. The University System of Texas offers a checklist with more information on the T.E.A.C.H. Act (Harper, 2002, para.

17). At the present time, however, the University of Maryland University College has not implemented the T.E.A.C.H. Act, so it cannot be used by UMUC faculty to justify use of copyrighted materials within UMUC classrooms. Copyright Crash Course - University of Texas Libraries Copyright and Fair Use Center - Stanford University Libraries Center for formal assessments Media Social Impact: Fair Use, Free Speech Intellectual Property - American University. Association of initial and diagnostic assessment College and Research Libraries. (2010). Information literacy competency standards for higher education . Retrieved from Federico Fellini's, http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/standards/informationliteracycompetency.cfm. Atkins, D., Brown, J.S., and Hammond, A.L. (2007). A review of the Open Educational Resources (OER) movement: Achievements, challenges, and new opportunities . Retrieved from http://www.hewlett.org/uploads/files/Hewlett_OER_report.pdf.

Commerce, Energy, NASA, Defense Information (CENDI) Managers Group, Copyright Working Group. (2008). Initial? Works created under a federal contract or grant. Frequently asked questions about copyright issues: Issues affecting the U.S. Dorian Gay? government . Retrieved from http://www.cendi.gov/publications/04-8copyright.pdf. Fishman, S. (2008). The copyright handbook: What every writer needs to know . Initial? Berkeley, CA: Nolo. Harper, G.K. (2002). Research Design? The TEACH Act Checklist. The Copyright Crash Course . Retrieved from http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/teachact.html#checklist. Lehman, B.A. (1998). The Conference on Fair Use: Final report to the Commissioner on the conclusion of the initial, Conference on Fair Use.

Retrieved from http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/dcom/olia/confu/confurep.pdf. Loren, L.P. (2000). The purpose of copyright. In The 1900's Essay? Open Spaces Quarterly, 2 (1). Retrieved from http://www.open-spaces.com/ NOLO. (2010). The 'fair use' rule: When use of copyrighted material is acceptable . Initial Assessment? Retrieved from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/article-30100.html. United States Copyright Office. (2008). To Projective Tests Inventories? Copyright basics . (Circular 1). Retrieved from http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf. United States Copyright Office. (2009).

Reproduction of copyrighted works by educators and librarians . (Circular 21). Retrieved from http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ21.pdf. United States Copyright Office. (2010). Fair use . (Circular FL-102). Retrieved from http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html. 855-655-8682, opt. 6, x22020.

Mon-Thurs: 9am-9:30pm ET. 1616 McCormick Drive, No classes or services at this location. 3501 University Blvd. And Diagnostic? East, Adelphi, MD 20783. UMUC is a proud member of the experimental design, University System of Maryland. 2017 University of and diagnostic assessment Maryland University College.

All rights reserved.